Website User Agreement
Website User Agreement
A. INCORPORATION INTO THE AGREEMENT
1.1 This Agreement comprises:
A This incorporation provision;
B The Acceptable Use Policy;
C The Disclaimer; and
D The Contents Removal Policy.
1.2 Together, the above documents set out a context for the use by the user of websites owned and maintained by IceBlue Marketing & Design Limited in so far as it extends to (as indicated by the policies in question) what is and is not acceptable use of the website, our commitment to privacy of user information, our ability to manage content which is not appropriate and, ultimately, a disclaimer which is applicable when circumstances beyond our control mean that the website is not functioning as we would ideally intend.
1.3 This Website User Agreement (together with its constituent parts) is incorporated within and forms part of the General Terms and Conditions (incorporating the Advertiser and User Terms) which users must also sign up to in order to enjoy the benefits of our websites. Those Conditions are available on our websites by following the appropriate links.
B. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
1.1 This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between us under which you may access our main website and associated websites (“our sites”). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our sites.
1.2 FinditintheBlackCountry and derivative sites which may be established are sites operated by IceBlue Marketing & Design Limited (“we” or “us”).
1.3 We are FinditintheBlackCountry (known as IceBlue Marketing & Design Limited).
2. Prohibited Uses
2.1 You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
2.1.1 In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
2.1.2 In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
2.1.3 For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
2.1.4 To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
2.1.5 To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
2.1.6 To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
2.2 You also agree:
2.2.1 Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our sites in contravention of the provisions of the Agreement;
2.2.2 Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
a) any part of our sites;
b) any equipment or network on which our sites is stored;
c) any software used in the provision of our sites; or
d) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
3. Interactive Services
3.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites (“interactive services”), which may include, without limitation:
a) Chat rooms;
b) Bulletin boards;
c) Message boards;
d) User Forums.
3.2 Where we do provide any interactive services, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
3.3 We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our sites, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
3.4 However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our sites, but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Conditions or is otherwise objectionable in accordance with the Content Removal Policy.
3.5 We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
3.6 Although we ordinarily expect our users to be adults, the nature of the internet is that its content may be accessed by minors. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
3.7 We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
3.8 Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
4. Content Standards
4.1 These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our sites (“Content”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
4.2 You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
4.3 You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials ("the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated.
4.4 We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent.
4.5 We will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
5 Content must:
5.1 Be accurate (where they state facts);
5.2 Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
5.3 Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
6 Content must not:
6.1 Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
6.2 Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
6.3 Promote sexually explicit material;
6.4 Promote violence;
6.5 Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
6.6 Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark or other protected right of any other person;
6.7 Be likely to deceive any person;
6.8 Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
6.9 Promote any illegal activity;
6.10 Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
6.11 Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
6.12 Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
6.13 Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
6.14 Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
7 You agree to not:
7.1 collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
7.2 advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
7.3 use the Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website/Services;
7.4 attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
8. Suspension and Termination
8.1 We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of any our sites. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
8.2 Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of the Agreement upon which you are permitted to use our sites.
8.3 Notwithstanding any remedy which may be available to us under the Agreement, by statute or under common law, we may take all or any of the following actions:
8.3.1 Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites; 8.3.2 Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our sites;
8.3.3 Issue of a warning to you;
8.3.4 Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
8.3.5 Further legal action against you; and 8.3.6 Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. 8.4 We exclude all liability for any losses you may incur as a result of any action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. 8.5 The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
9 Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
9.1 We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our sites.
1. We give no warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of any of our sites. Your access to any of our sites may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason.
2. We also give no warranty or other assurance as to the content of the material appearing on the sites, its accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose, particularly where this is under the control of our client users.
3. To the full extent permissible by law, we disclaim all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use any of our sites or any material appearing on them or from any action or decision taken as a result of your using any of our sites or using or relying on any material appearing on any of them.
4. All of our sites may contain links to external sites, either through identifiable hot links or through accessing our advertisers’ sites through their material which will contain a hidden link to their home page or other site controlled by them.
5. We are not responsible for and have no control over the content of such sites. Information on any of our sites or via hypertext link from them to other sites is made available without responsibility on our part.
6. We further disclaim all responsibility and liability (including for negligence) in relation to information on or accessible from any of our sites.
7. Our advertiser clients are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on any of our sites complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
8. Accordingly, although we encourage our advertiser clients to ensure that their material is accurate in accordance with the Content Standards, set out above, we do not accept responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such advertising material.
9. We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees nor for fraudulent misrepresentation.
10. Nothing in any terms proffered by us shall affect your statutory rights as a Consumer.
D. CONTENT REMOVAL POLICY
1. We advertise job vacancies placed by third parties that are outside of our control.
2. We oblige those third parties to comply with law and good practice in the content and appearance of those advertisements, however, we do not edit or screen advertisements that we display and cannot be held responsible for the contents of these advertisements.
3. If you see an advertisement that you consider illegal or offensive, then please notify us immediately.
4. In order to identify the offending advertisement please report to us the published reference number which you will find displayed on the advertisement or give us any other information you feel it may be of use for us to have.
5. If possible please take a screen shot of the advertisement for evidential purposes. Client advertisers are able to change their advertisements without our input and if you have seen something about which you wish to complain, it will aid your complaint and our investigation of it if you can provide as good evidence as possible.
6. If you feel an advertisement infringes your intellectual property rights, (in particular, copyright, design right or trade mark) when submitting your complaint please provide us with evidence that you own the copyright.
7. Similarly, if you are making any other claim based on a potential confusion between your own products, services or identity and that of one of our client advertisers (in relation to a logo, name or other identifying characteristic) again, pass us as much information as you can to support your position.
8. Once in receipt of your complaint we will investigate and if appropriate we will remove or edit content.
9. However, please be aware that we are not in a position to legally arbitrate between parties over potential IPR breaches or passing-off actions and we therefore reserve our right to suspend any advertisement (with an appropriate credit at our discretion) until any disputes of which we are made aware are concluded (to our satisfaction having taken legal advice) or on the written agreement of all the relevant parties that the advertisement may proceed. Please direct all communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.