Independent retailers in Wolverhampton are being given the chance to be recognised for their entrepreneurial spirit, dedication and hard work in the city’s first annual Wolverhampton Independent Retail Excellent (WIRE) Awards.
Led by the Wolverhampton Business Improvement District (BID) in partnership with the City of Wolverhampton Council, the awards have been commissioned by council leader, Councillor Roger Lawrence.
As well as highlighting what running and managing a successful independent business involves, the awards are designed to recognise the loyalty and dedication of the staff who work within the sector too.
Businesses are being invited to put themselves forward for the following categories:
• Independent Retailer of the Year
• Retail Personality of the Year
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Best Dressed Shop or Outlet
• Employee of the Year
• Leader's Award - Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
• Excellence in Staff Development
• Hospitality and Leisure Business of the Year
• Community Retailer of the Year
• Most Improved Business of the Year
• New Business of the Year
There’s also a Wolverhampton’s Favourite Retailer title up for grabs, which will be determined by a public vote.
The awards, which are backed by a whole host of sponsors, ranging from the Mander Centre, to the Express and Star, are open to all independent retailers from across the city with a Wolverhampton postcode.
Businesses have until midnight on 30 April to enter the awards via the WIRE Awards 2017 website.