Showcasing the range of support available to find employment or enter training, the event will include information of interest to residents of all ages and career stages.
The event is hosted by the council’s employment and skills team – Think Sandwell – who have supported 75 people to start jobs and apprenticeships since April 2020.
Councillor Rajbir Singh, cabinet member for skills and employment, said: “Covid-19 isn’t going to stop us providing residents with the jobs and skills support they need to succeed.
“Jobs and Skills in Sandwell – Online is a week-long series of free online workshops, providing advice to help residents of all ages, to help find their next job or new career including apprenticeships, employment skills, and support for residents made redundant due to Covid-19.
“There is still time to register for the events and I encourage as many as possible to sign-up.”
Videos, support information and workshops will be posted daily during the week. The programme covers the following:
- Monday 24 August - All about apprenticeships What apprenticeships are available, how to apply and a guide to Sandwell council’s apprenticeships programme.
- Tuesday 25 August - Training Tuesday Find out what free training courses are available to help you improve your skills or gain new qualifications.
- Wednesday 26 August - Workshop Wednesday Gain employability skills from our experienced advisors.
- Thursday 27 August - Employment/Redundancy Support An in depth look at the support available to get into employment, whether you’ve been made redundant, looking to change career or re-enter the workplace after time out.
- Friday 28 August - Spotlight on... More information on popular careers including the care industry; construction and working in schools.