Commonwealth Games 2022 Business Forum
The second business forum hosted by the Black Country of Commerce for Black Country businesses with speakers from Birmingham 2022 Organising CommitteeAdd To Calendar
The Second Black Country 2022 Business Forum features presenters from the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee.
The Forum brings together regional businesses in order to explore and understand the opportunities the Commonwealth Games is bringing the West Midlands.
Over 70 companies attended the first Forum held at West Bromwich Albion FC in March.
At the next event on Tuesday 4 June, Black Country Chamber of Commerce invites businesses to the offices of Higgs and Sons to hear from:
- John Crabtree, Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee Chairman who will give a general introduction to the B2022 Games with a specific focus on business opportunities and trade legacy.
- Ian Reid, Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee CEO will outline the approach to procurement.
- Jennifer and Paul Long from Findit will be on hand to give an overview of the Birmingham 2022 Business Portal.
- Neil Carney, Programme Director for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games at Birmingham City Council will give details of related games related projects managed by the Council.
- Plus a personal story from a Black Country Business successful in winning a contract from the 2012 London Olympics.
Cost: Free to attend for members and non-members.
Have you registered on the official business portal for all Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games opportunities?
Make sure your business is signed up to the brand new portal - it is free and all opportunities relating to the Games will be posted here.
Please ensure that you complete your 'Sectors of Interest' - These sectors will ensure an email alert is sent to you if an opportunity is posted and is relevant to you. We want to make sure that all local business don't miss out on the opportunity to benefit from one of the world's biggest multi-sport events.